Skip to content

Abdominal Disorders

Also known as Campylobacter, Diarrhoea, Dyspepsia, E coli , Food Poisoning, Gastritis, Gastroenteritis, Gastroparesis, Indigestion, Metoclopramide, Nausea, Norovirus, Peritonitis, Salmonella, Vomiting

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• bile reflux after gallblader surgery

I have heartburn after gallblader removal from second week.i am now in 57 days. I take sulfacrate and it helps a lot but I have still heartburn some hours of the day .I was looking for the surgery demeester switch. has anybody done that ?I am very interesting to know how is life after surgery.

• Vomiting bug

I’m interested to know if a whole family contacted this “vomiting bug “ but surprising one from the family not. I want to make a study about this “virus “ and I need some confirmation about how this “virus” is working. Many thanks Daniel

• i can puke att will and with out a gag reflex

i have had the ability ever scense i can remember to throw up anything in my stomach without using fingers or having a gag reflex. i can also throwup like anybody els with a gag reflex. its like i have controll over some muscles in my stomach area that allowes me to controll things there.& …

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Please I need help

I'm called ndobede Timothy am an African precisely in Cameroon but due to the present crises in my country I ran to Nigeria please I need help am 22yrs old I can do anything ,am seriously in need please this is no scam ,just seeking help from anyone who can help ,I've lost everything am a …

Last reply
  • Severe bloating 7 hours after meal

It has been 7 hours since my last meal and I still feel extremely full. My stomach looks enlarged and feels heavy. When I burp I can taste food. It's so uncomfortable I can't sleep. I feel nauseated. I just had a bowel movement but it has not eased much. Does this sound like gastritis? Does …

Last reply
  • Burning sensation in stomach - permanently

Guys i am in need some support....i need simple advise and a positive word.. On 27 of december i got food poisoning.... 4 of us in work got sick...following vomitting and diarrhea (i didnt vomit at least 20 years). Vomitting stopped next day but diarrhea not. My doctor gave me antibiotics and some …

Last reply
  • bile reflux after gallblader surgery

I have heartburn after gallblader removal from second week.i am now in 57 days. I take sulfacrate and it helps a lot but I have still heartburn some hours of the day .I was looking for the surgery demeester switch. has anybody done that ?I am very interesting to know how is life after surgery.

Posted
  • Abdominal pain, diagnosed with depression

Hey all just looking for some advice. I went to emerge 2 nights ago because of severe abdominal pain that wouldn't go away. I felt very bloated but could not release gas (did have a small bowel movement that didn't seem to relieve anything). They did an x-ray and blood work and told me that …

Last reply
  • Dueodenitis

I was told after having scope down last year I had inflammation in dueodeum,it has got worse recently and I have gone from 40mg nexium to 80mg but after a week on them the pain is still severe when standing or walking..its ok when sitting..I am worried sick..I am waiting to have scope down again... …

Last reply
  • Right abdominal pain

Hi i am healthy 20 years old male. A day ago I got a occosional pain in my right abdomen(right lumbar).It comes and goes and not very painful but its keep coming for just for one second and goes.What should i do ? Is it something dangeorous ? I was having diarrhoe 2 weeks ago.Could it be IBS ? 

Last reply
  • My stomach is constantly growling.... how do I stop it?

I'm a healthy 15-year-old female. In the last couple of weeks, my stomach has started grumbling very loudly, it has also been accompanied by a feeling of hunger. It is very loud and embarrassing especially in class, and it is putting me off work. It is strange because I will feel hungry and my …

Last reply
  • Several Symptoms

My symptoms: Diareea Nausea Can't eat Stomach ache Itch in the anus even after bathing Ear pain Dizziness Chest pain shortness of breath When I sit or lie on the bed i dont feel my arms and legs I cant stand for too long without moving my feet

Last reply
  • Chronic abdominal and joint pain

I have had all over joint pain for nearly ten years. Started in my shoulders but has spread to hips, ankles, wrists, knees, fingers, and even toes. Never really mentioned it to the doctor because the discomfort is managed with OTC meds. In the last two years I stared having severe …

Last reply
  • PPI related diarrhea

So Ive been dealing with chronic gastritis for 7 months that wont go away. Im taking zantac which helps me but doesn’t completely make it go away. My doctors have prescribed PPI’s which seem to work a little better but they give me horrible diarrhea! It goes away a few days after I stop taking them. …

Last reply
  • Abdominal pain and fatty stools

Hello, I’m a 25 year old male and for about 6 months I’ve been going through some serious abdominal issues that doctors can’t diagnose. I’m a little over weight (but not much) and I don’t smoke and eat mostly healthy.  I get really bad abdominal cramping in my upper and lower abdomen and …

Last reply
  • FAPS

My daughter is 9 years old.We think she has FAPS. I can't find any information about people that had this and no longer have it and how long they did have this problem. I can't accept this is a permanent problem .But.also the doctor hasn't told us much I found more from Google than …

Last reply
  • Abdominal pain and discomfort

Hey guys, Just wondering if any on you guys have had the same experience, I have been having abdominal pain for the past month, I have bad bloating after every meal, even if it’s just a snack also my stomach grumbles much more than it used to. I’ve been having stomach pain, but no worse than period …

Last reply
  • Seeking advice

Hi, I'm a 23 year old male who has been suffering with an unknown abdominal issue since a bout of food poisoning last September. Daily I am bloated after every meal regardless of fibre content ( have tried various diets). I am also nauseous and fatigued and very gassy. Also once I eat, food …

Last reply
  • Gastritis diagnosis but worried it may be more....

Hi all so I have been having horrible symptoms for a few months now since May this year, it started with a gnawing pain in my upper middle abdomen then I got a melanoma scare that turned out to just be a mole we’ll ever since that diagnosis I have literally thought I’ve had every cancer I have …

Last reply
  • Appendicitis

I’m afraid I may have appendicitis Because I’m having slight pain in lower right abdomen can some one help me out plz

Last reply
  • Stomach feels heavy

Hi I have a history of gerd and have had an endoscopy about a year and a half ago which showed a hiatal hernia, and have been put on a ppi. Also had a colonoscopy whuch showed nothing. A few months later, i had severe upper and lower abdominal pains and lack of appetite which then led me to have an …

Last reply
  • 22,male, rectal bleeding, had "clear" colonoscopy in February

I'll try to make it as short as possible. Last December I noticed that I passed quite a worrisome amount of blood with my stool. Went to ER, had the finger exam and doctor said that everything is fine here. 2 months later, in February, I had a colonoscopy which revealed a small benign polyp, …

Last reply
  • Anyone know what a mucus cast is and if its a symptom of IBS?

I saw something in my stool a few times which looks like a raggedy worm - been goggling today and it says it could be a Rope Worm but then i listened to a video which convinced me Rope Worm was a hoax. And one of the posts calling Rope Worm "a quack" was by a parasitologist who said he' …

Last reply
  • Uncomfortable feeling in lower abdomen

Hi all, Since last Tuesday I've had an uncomfortable feeling in my lower abdomen, it's like nothing I've had before. On average it is a dull ache made worse in a seated position, the pain is below my belly button. I can't pinpoint a trigger but since the weekend I've been …

Last reply
  • Lack of appetite and feeling full

For years my mom has eaten small meals but I've noticed in the past couple months she'll eat two meals on good days and 1 small meal on other days to what she states she isn't hungry or feels full from her first meal and has also suffered fatigue often in the last few months . Should I …

Last reply
  • I swallowed plastic bank note!!!

5 days ago I swallowed a plastic bank note accidently. Bit of messing with mates. I meant to spit it into cup as I drank water. Was stupid bet. Anyway I have really swollen upper stomach. Severe pains followed by gurgling. My thoughts are maybe note opened up in stomach. As was folded when …

Last reply
  • Mucus VS Parasite?

I have been having severe undiagnosable abdominal pain for a year now. I have chronic dirreaha that never stops no matter what I eat. And most of the food I do consume, does not get disgested. In the dirreaha, I started to notice very tiny holes in the stool. Very tiny and clear cut. I asked my …

Last reply
  • HELP! Stomach issue

Well to start off, around december of 2016 i started to get diarrhea every morning.This continued into 2017 and later came shortness of breath in April of 2017.But In May while eating baked macaroni one night i suddenly started to feel the need to vomit then immediately started to feel dizzy,  …

Last reply
  • Sharp pain in upper left abdomen for months.

I have had a intermitten sharp pain in my upper left quadrant for around 4 months now. It feels like it's in my stomach. I also have a dull ache in my right testicle sometimes and constant muscle twitching in my arms and legs. Urinalysis and bloodwork came back fine. I have had an upper …

Last reply
  • Stool Colour and Consistency Possible Causes Query

Hi Everyone For the past few months my stools have been quite pale in colour, almost like a mixed peanut butter / mustard colour, plus they come out in a consistency that resembles toothpaste. On top of that there seems to be a slight white, slimy film that sits on top of the toilet bowl water. My …

Last reply
  • Visceroptosis, Hypermobility of ligaments/joints

Does anyone have experienced visceroptosis, = when the small bowel loops fall into the pelvis and the transverse colon hanging down far below, too? This anatomic situation seems to be not only liked to be overlooked by radiologist to note in the report (since there is no obstruction in our case …

Last reply
  • Reflux and Sciatica on and off for a week

I suffer from Gastric reflux and I’ve been getting pains in the middle of my back up near my shoulder blades which has been moving to my lower back along with hot flushes. I’m also getting back pains in my sides in the kidney area but these pains randomly come and go for no reason whatsoever.   …

Last reply
  • Sevre abdominal pain, back and let pain.

Hi everyone, for the past month I have been experiencing severe cramps, bloating and gas. The pain radiates to all my back and my right leg. I have been to my doctor twice, he seems to think it's IBS. Over the past week I have also visited the ER because the pain in my abdomin was too much! …

Last reply
  • Abdominal pain, right side under ribs and back pain

I'm getting some weird abdominal pains on my right side.  It started a couple of months ago with discomfort when bending forwards, and has gradually been getting worse.  First it was just bending over, then it spread to when I was sitting, so I had to kind of slouch, but now …

Last reply
  • Pain/discomfort under right rib cage.

I have been experiencing this for the last few months, I have been searching the web looking for answers.  I am a 45 year old female, in good health, I take no medications, thin, active, I eat healthy, so I am at a loss. I have this feeling like there is something under my right rib cage as if …

Last reply
  • stomach woes...

hi everyone.  basically every evening after dinner i tend to suffer from extreme nausea - sometimes with vomiting. i often get intense burning pains in the centre of my tummy just above my belly button between my ribcages. it's agony to the point of trying to squat or sit in all weird …

Last reply
  • Clogged ears

I have clogged ear. I have been to three ENTs and the tell me everything is ok but it is shut. I need help. Any solution

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.