Skip to content

Citalopram

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Week 6 - looking for some hope!

Hi folks I'm on week 6 of citalopram and I'm quite nervous as I am still really struggling with the heightened anxiety and depression. I am at work still after having been off for four days when it was really bad. I still feel terrified all the time and every task feels so difficult and …

Last reply
  • Citroplan 10mg to 20mg

Hey guys, Currently been on 10mg for 3 months, I feel it's just not quite enough,I was advised to go up to 20mg but do I do it gradually or take straight away ?

Last reply
  • Recommendation

Hi guys, Hope you are all faring well today. I want to recommend another site that I recently discovered, in case you don't know about it. It's kind of aimed at people who are trying to come off and stay off anti ds, BUT is a really useful for anyone here who has ever up dosed, reduced …

Last reply
  • Lightheaded again

Hi everyone, it's me again. I am still on 7.5 after going down from 10 to 5 and back up to 7.5. I had to take me car to garage two days ago and had to hang around for an hour. I felt my anxiety come back and I have been lightheaded on and off since. I don't know if the anxiety causing it or …

Last reply
  • Funny visual disturbances/blurry vision starting citalopram

Hello everyone again! Its so nice to be part of this forum and chat to other people going through similar experiences. I am 1.5 weeks into starting citalopram (20mg) and along with increased anxiety, sweating and insomnia - I am noticing a type of random 'blurriness' to my vision. It's …

Last reply
  • Heavy chest?

Is it just me or has anybody had a “heavy chest” feeling when taking citalopram? & I’m not talking about fast racing heart, just super heavy and almost hard to breathe? 

Last reply
  • starting citalopram.. increased anxiety! need some positive support :)

Hi everyone - first time I've ever posted in a forum before! ​ I'm from New Zealand. I'm 29yr/old and struggled with anxiety for the last 10 years. I was on 20mg citalopram for 7 years, but came off about 2 years ago.  Last week however I started again as my anxiety was brewing and …

Last reply
  • Update.

I have been taking 10 mg of celexa for almost 6 weeks. I have been asking about my symptoms of not being able to breathe. Feeling like my chest was tight and not getting a full breath. And was told that it was the celexa. It might play a factor here and there. But I was referred to a pulmanologist …

Last reply
  • Symptoms when starting citalopram

Hi everybody. I'd love to know whether anybody here has had a higher level of jitteryness/anxiety/panic when starting citalopram? I am on 20mg for a week and a half and it's freaking me out that I'm feeling more anxious! Also a bit spacey. Is this common? Thankyou :-)

Last reply
  • I want to come off citalopram!!!

Hello, I have been taking citalopram 20mg for a year now and decided enough is enough as they are making me terribly fatigued. My doctor told me to alternate the dose so I take 20mg for one day then the next 20mg and repeat it like that for a few weeks then it's going down to 10mg then …

Last reply
  • St. Johns Worth/5-HTP

Does anyone or has anyone taken either of these for a longer duration of time that can give some real life experiences good or bad? Please and thank you in advance😊

Last reply
  • Starting citalopram - increased anxiety

Hi all, I've started citalopram last week - started at 10mg per day for 6 days and now 20mg for the past 3 days. Aside from the sweaty palms and dry mouth and bit of insomnia, I've noticed a real increase in my anxiety. Has anyone else had this before? and how often does this last! it's …

Last reply
  • Citalopram

Hey guys haven’t been in here for a while well I went up to 30 mg that’s what I used to be on but this time around sucks I was alright on 20 mg not perfect and went back to 30 mg I was doing good for the first week and now I feel like my mind is spaced out it sucks and I get scared sometimes to …

Last reply
  • Success on Citalopram

Hi, I've been on Citalopram for 1 year and 2months. I was severely ill with anxiety and depression, very terrifying, I was so ill. It started off with me feelin sick at different points throughout the day, a feeling of darkness, not feeling like myself, the symptoms got worse. I lost about 1 …

Last reply
  • Citalopram drops

I was given these to help with tapering off cita. What I wasnt told was that I had to dilute the drops and found out the hard way. I also wasnt told that unlike the tablets after taking it, the affects are very quick, and found this out the hard way too. When I take it within ten minutes I get a …

Last reply
  • Celexa.. Symptoms?

Today has been a bad day. I've had a panic attack. And broke down Into tears.. My hands and feet are tingling, My body feels like its trembling, feel dizzy and like I'm losing control. And my heart feels like its rate is up and down.. I'm on 10 mg of celexa. I've been toughing …

Last reply
  • Stopping citalopram after 21 days... please help!

Hello everyone, I apologise if this has been brought up before but I feel I really need some help. I am 37 years old, and my depression started 5 months ago when I found out my wife cheated on me with her boss.  We have been together 8 years and married just over a year.  I was …

Last reply
  • 7.5 to 5 mg

Currently going from 10, to 7.5, to 5mg. If I try to go off, 2.5, to 0 what will happen? Currently having some anxiety on 7.5, none yesterday, doing 7.5 for a wk, then down to 5. Anybody have any advice? If I stay at 5, will I have less anxiety? And will i eventually feel better on this stuff?

Last reply
  • Citalopram - stressful job but also my approach to it

Hi. I hope someone can relate to this and offer some advice! I've always been a worrier and whilst I've done well in my career I've never found it an enjoyable experience. I'm driven more by worry of getting things wrong or not knowing things than I am by genuinely enjoying the …

Last reply
  • 7.5 to 5 mg

Currently going from 10, to 7.5, to 5mg. If I try to go off, 2.5, to 0 what will happen? Currently having some anxiety on 7.5, none yesterday, doing 7.5 for a wk, then down to 5. Anybody have any advice?

Last reply
  • Update.

My symptoms I was suffering from (Shakey, anxiety, heart racing, hands & feet tingling.) Have somewhat subsided. I've been on Celexa 10 mg for 5 weeks now, down from 20mg for a week. Had to down the dose because the symptoms were too brutal for me to handle. The only symptom that is still …

Last reply
  • Citalopram & anxiety symptoms

Hello everyone!..  I have had a rough month and half so to speak.. it all started with tingly hands, hand tremor, jelly legs, panic then headache. Seen a doc and I tested high for severe anxiety and depression. I started Citalopram for two weeks now. I hope to wake up my normal self and I …

Last reply
  • Citalopram tapering

Hi, I've been on citalopram 10mg for 6 plus years, I decided to come off went to 5mg for 6 weeks was ok, nothing I couldn't handle so went to 4mg, shortly after all hell broke loose so went back up to 6mg, been here for about 10/11 weeks and have every symptom under the sun, all types of …

Last reply
  • Second day on citalopram

I'm new to this so first of all I just wanna explain my situation! I've been depressed and anxious for a while now, had my son 4 months ago and I dealt with my depression and anxiety really well in pregnancy because I knew it would affect my son. Anyway, last week I began having really bad …

Last reply
  • 10% taper measuring problems

Hi All am back on 20mg from a failed taper attempt a week ago, am starting to feel a bit better apart from short term memory and fuzzy head.  I have been given citalopram drops, each drop is 20mg, which means my 10% is not possible apart from the 1st one from 20 to 18mg. Has anyone ever had …

Last reply
  • Any experience taking Citalopram on an as needed basis

I was on Citalopram for a period of about 10 months after experiencing a nervous breakdown, thru continued panic attacks, anxiety, and of course sleeping 1-2 hours a night for days/weeks. I weaned off over a period of 3 months and stopped at the end of April 2018. I've struggled with high …

Last reply
  • Weather changes may cause imbalances in serotonin.

I just read this and have honestly always wondered this: "For some people, weather changes may cause imbalances in brain chemicals, including serotonin," I have had issues for years with anxiety. And I am pretty sure high air pressure, low pressure affect my anxiety levels. Even …

Last reply
  • Tight chest and tender ribs on Citalopram

Any one got chest symptoms that aren't going away? been told its inflammation in the ribs but wondering if its anxiety that has taken hold after taking this med 20mg for 12 months? Think I may be holding my breath without even realising? Would be interesting to hear if anyone else suffers?  …

Last reply
  • Citalopram withdrawal how do I come off it

I’ve been on citalopram 20 mg for over 10 yrs  apparently they were given to me because I suffer from stubourn bowels from birth which I have since found out can make it worse and have decided to wean myself off it with the help of my Dr I’m now on 10 mg  I started having head zaps after 5 …

Last reply
  • Citalopram

I've been on citalopram for 3 weeks. Originally I was started on 20mg. First few days I felt great, but started to experience side effects that were overwhelming. I started taking 10mg and experienced rough symptoms from the drop in mg for 2 days but have been feeling ok until now. I've …

Last reply
  • Freaking out! Advice please

I am now 5 weeks citalopram free! As of two weeks ago I have experienced the following Pain/numbness in legs Pain in right arm Pain in my upper ribs between the breastbone Waking up trying to catch my breath Trouble falling asleep(thinking the worst is going to happen) Has anyone else experienced …

Last reply
  • Vertigo whilst tapering off Citalopram - advice please

I can cope with dizziness and nausea but I cannot cope with being so bad I cannot walk properly without banging into things and feeling so sick I am going to throw up, has anyone had this and if so, could you offer any advice of any medications or over the counter medications that can stop this, …

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.