Skip to content

Depression

Also known as Clomipramine, Dosulepin, Dothiepin, Lofepramine, Postnatal Depression

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Pinned

Depression Resources

Below are listed recommended resources for users who wish to read more about depression, get self help, treatments etc. Users can also post the link to this discussion in any replies to guide users to this info. The post will not go for moderation as it is an internal link. The link to post is …

Last reply
  • Pinned

Are you in crisis? Please read

If you are feeling in despair, or are having thoughts relating to self-harm, it can be hard to realise that there is any hope. But there is hope and there is help available to you – so please do ask. The Samaritans Helpline is available 24 hours a day and you can call free on 116 123 from the UK. …

Last reply
  • Everything is hanging by a thread.

I've been trying so hard, nothing works so I just block it all out with cocaine and alcohol. My thoughts of suicide are so appealing at the moment. I have started seeing things, hearing things, my dreams are like real life. I go to work and I can't focus or even find the energy to do …

Last reply
  • Thank you!!

I joined this group less than a year ago. I don’t comment on much or get into discussions much but when I was feeling very depressed. I always came to the ones on here to keep my head up. Life has been treating me great and I’m more happy than ever tbh. I hope everyone that’s fighting the long …

Last reply
  • Is life only an illusion

Well I am not alone. I have read all I could find out about so called anxiety and depression. I believe that I have lead a full, complete life according the cultural  standards imposed during my existence. Colleges, military including time at West Point, Vietnam Infantry, A life long friend …

Last reply
  • Gp/therapy experiences... Please share

Does anyone have any advice or experience seeing their gp about depression? I keep hoping I will start to feel better without help but I am feeling worse every day. I don't know how much longer I can put up with this but I'm very anxious about talking to anyone about my feelings. I'm …

Last reply
  • Just nothingness and self forced liar.

I'm sitting on a bus and it's full of children's laughter. It should be nice, something other to hear than idiotic crap for a change. And yet I feel nothing. Apart from maybe shame from typing this. I've been forcefully lying for months that I'm doing so so. I'm not. And …

Last reply
  • Cant do all of this

really struggling, I am slipping and slipping but I cant tell anyone as It makes me worse. I have really bad headaches no sleep constantly dizzy. I dont have a GP anymore as I discharged myself. my thoughts are going downhill and i keep seeing things run across the floor that arent even there. Why …

Last reply
  • Depression or not in love anymore ?

Hi, I hope some people can read this and help me or share their experiences. I’m french so sorry my faults.  So, 2 months ago, I was with my boyfriend, I had a moment of panick. Actually, he asked me 4 month ago to move on with him (but he wasnt into it, and wasn’t planning anything). It …

Last reply
  • New Hope from the suicidal child

Hey everyone  I wanted to share my new found hope with all out there who are struggling. Yes, just a few days ago I was on the other side and didn´t see (even if I wanted to believe) how I would come to here…I went straight into Hospital after leaving School before the end lessons, well, …

Last reply
  • Am i being paranoid?

I feel really really unhappy about people who sitting around me or stand next to me, they always touching their noses like i am smelly or something. I don't know if i am a smelly person. I am a clean person. I always take shower in the morning and night. I wash my hair every night. I also …

Last reply
  • Can Depression/Anxiety make you think you don't love someone?

Hello, thanks for reading and I apologize for the length.  About a month and a half ago, something happened in my relationship (my fault) that kind of triggered (at first) an enormous amount of guilt.. which then subsided a little bit. I was good for a few days and then bam... "do I love …

Last reply
  • What is next if CBT does not work in the UK?

I am in England, and have 4 sessions of CBT left, I feel like it has gave me a better understanding of my depression and provided tools to help deal with it, however, I feel worse now than I did before starting. I feel like I should be getting better as I am doing CBT and on medications, but I am …

Last reply
  • Antidepressants advise needed

Hi, I'm new to this and have never posted anything on a forum before. I have resently started online therapy and my councelor wants me to go to the doctor and get antidepressants as she thinks I'm suffering from depression. I have never been able to talk about my feelings and stuff (hence …

Last reply
  • Antidepressants

Hi, I'm new to this and have never posted anything on a forum before. I have resently started online therapy and my councelor wants me to go to the doctor and get antidepressants as she thinks I'm suffering from depression. I have never been able to talk about my feelings and stuff (hence …

Last reply
  • Rapid weight gain after stopping venlafaxine

Hi there, I've gained weight over the past 6 weeks after coming off of venlafaxine - I was on it on and off for 5 years. I thought it was due to the supplements I started taking (5htp, l-tyrosine, vit b complex) but I've read a few reports of rapid weight gain after coming off meds. Has …

Last reply
  • One year still bad

How do I get out of this depression anxiety... I’ve tried all medication I’ve tried hypnotherapist I’ve tried naturopaths  I’ve tried medication I’m now seeing a psychiatrist who has now changed my meds again and I just feel knumb I’ve got 2 young boys who I love to bits and I just can’t seem …

Last reply
  • Anxiety so bad you keep falling over

Last year they put me in hospital to try ans cure my depression but it didn't. M anxiety is now so bad that if I go out alone I freeze to the spot and if I try to carry on I fall down.  Somebody then kindly helped me home but if I tried again the same thing would happen, I feel anxious …

Last reply
  • Anyone on Nortriptyline?

i was wondering if anyone here is having success on Nortriptyline for anxiety/depression. I have been raised to 100, 8 days ago. Not many people are being treated with tricyclic antidepressants. Would love some input. 

Last reply
  • Depression & anxiety

Being going tonight a tough time lately only recently turned 18 and I suffer with health anxiety since 2015 when my auntie was murdered I’m now on a waiting list for CBT therapy but it’s 6 week waiting list I’m feeling really fed up now and starting to wonder whether tablets would help but I don’t …

Last reply
  • Anyone try Viibryd?

I started Celexa for the second time and it was causing depression which I never had before.  My doc switched me to a drug called Viibryd for anxiety and depression.  This is My 5 th day on it.  Does anyone have any experience with this antidepressant?

Last reply
  • i got brain damage from electroconvulsive therapy.

In 2005 I was given 22 lots of electroconvulsive therapy. It left me with brain damage that means I will never work again. I was lucky because I got support from a neuropsychologist who allowed me to understand and come to terms with my problems. ECT can be used to great effect. However some people …

Last reply
  • Downward spiral

I have been struggling more the last few months about my life and where it's going blah blah.. And I need change in my life, I have decided to move in with my partner, now I'm terrified my depression will get worse as he does tend to how do I put this 'not be sensitive towards my …

Last reply
  • Severe nausea and vomiting on anti depressants

Hi there, About 4 weeks ago I started taking Venlaflaxine after my long term medication (Sertraline) stopped working and also Citalopram and Mirtrazpine had no effect. I became severely nauseus on the Venlaflaxine, I only took it for a week or so (last tablet was 2 weeks ago) and I started …

Last reply
  • I don't know what to do anymore

Basically my current situation is I'm a sophomore at Pitt after going to South Carolina my first semester last year and then community college my second semester. Before college I had the same problems I'm dealing with now - depression, body dysmorphia, low self esteem - and I pushed …

Last reply
  • Numb?

Is it possible to feel numb and unhappy at the same time? I have been unhappy for a while, I work full time for a job that I'm unhappy in and I do not have motervation to do anything outside of work. I need something more in life but can not work out what I need or how to get there which is …

Last reply
  • Losing control of my life

hi I’ve not been on here for quite a while. My life seems to be spiralling out of control. For the past year I’ve been looking after my mum who sadly passed away the end of July through cancer whilst still working full time. At the beginning of July I went to the doctor asking to be put on the sick …

Last reply
  • What happens next ?

I've recently been pescribed Sertraline as I'm struggling with depression and anxiety. 4 years ago I attended a Mindfulness course which was ok but not great. I now have an appointment to see a psychological practioner in a couple of weeks. can anyone tell me what happens during and after …

Last reply
  • Trintellix - Did it work for your anxiety and Depression?

Hi, I've just started Trintellix 5 days ago for GAD and major depression disorder.  I had 1 good day yesterday and back to bad day today.  I am on 5mg right now...my doc is being careful because last time I was on mirtazapine my liver enzymes went up.  Has anyone tried this med …

Last reply
  • Xxz

I can’t volunteer or do anything like that it’s scary as hell to me 

Last reply
  • Just one thing

So this is cheesy, but still, it's how I feel. I wish there was someone who would love me and who I would love back. Not for the sake of love or sex, but of joining another soul for a life long journey. I've been depression, anxiety, bipolar, hypochondria, and god knows what else. I've …

Last reply
  • Confused

Hi ive been diagnosed with depression by my doctor, ive tried a few different antidepressants but struggled with side effects so now trying amytriptiline. Ive told my doctor how im feeling but have not been asked why im feeling like i do. Not sure if this makes sense so sorry if it doesnt. I feel …

Last reply
  • Overwhelmed

I’ve been feeling really depressed for about two weeks. I just took on a new job on top of an already existing part time job. I work with kids who have autism in both positions. It’s super draining on its own and having mood troubles during it all (and tummy troubs, arthritis, anxiety, generally …

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.