Skip to content

Dietary, Nutrition and Exercise Advice

Also known as Beriberi, Exercise Advice, Folate Deficiency, Food Intolerance, Lactose Intolerance, Mediterranean Diet, Nutrition, Osteomalacia, Pellagra, Rickets, Vitamin Deficiency, Zinc Deficiency

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Spinal stenosis

Spinal stenosis  Is there any natural remedies that will help with this ?

Posted
  • Product for weight loss

Hello, I want to lose a few pounds, so I'm thinking of using a weight loss product. Let anyone share a view of a good weight loss product?

Last reply
  • Vitamin D deficiency success stories

I am in the midst of this deficiency trying to recover from the horrible symptoms that it can cause. I want to hear from people who have overcome this deficiency and how they did it. If there was adverse affects of long term use of vitamin d supplements. How long did it take to make a full …

Last reply
  • Folate deficiency

Hi. Am just after some advice. I got a call from my doctors surgery to come and collect a prescription of folic acid. I had had some bloods done a few days previous and was told they showed up a folate deficiency. I have to take a 5mg tablet once a day for 3 months then be reviewed. I am 53 and …

Last reply
  • iron dificiency and visual disturbances?

I have heard that anemia or low iron can cause visual disturbances. I'm currently waiting results for anemia, and do suffer from flashes and visual snow. wondering if anyone has experience with this kind of thing, if so did raising your iron level help with visual symptoms and how long did it …

Posted
  • Vitamin D deficiency

Can anyone help me please. I went to the doctors a week ago as I had begun with aches and pains in my back, neck and shoulders, these pains occurred with pressure pains and shooting pain in areas of my head alongside tingling hands and feet. I had a blood test and it came back that my vitamin D …

Last reply
  • starting dose Vitamin D3

Recently i been to the doctor and found i am low on b12 and D. The doctor perscribed me vitamin D3 capsuals 20,000 iu three times a day for about 6 DAYS ONLY. After this i should go down to an otc supplement. Just wondering is this amount normal dosage? And should i take something with it like …

Last reply
  • Manage your time by exercising now, watching TV later: Study

If we spend an hour working out, that's one hour less during our day that we can potentially spend being sedentary. But we may, consciously or not, find other opportunities during the day to move less, undermining our best intentions and the potential health benefits of the exercise, according …

Posted
  • Anyone with these symptoms? Low D

About 8 months ago I quit alcohol after going through a very tough time. 2 years of worry and stress etc. I quit because I started having spells of extreme weakness, shaking, sky high BP, just freaking out. I would cry my eyes out pretty often, emotions on my sleeve, feet was tingly, arms were …

Last reply
  • confused about D3

Hi guys, so ive been doing some reading about different vitamins and supplements, i read that vitamin D needs to be take with magnesium, and now im reading something about K2 and F vitamins also. Im so confused, i dont really want to put all these pills into my system, but i want to try vitamin D3 ( …

Last reply
  • Abs and pain

If you get punched in abs you have 4 pack or 6 pack you do not feel pain ?

Last reply
  • Pain in chest. Diagnosed with Vitamin D level as 15ng/ml.

Hi All, I am a 24 year old male and since 2 months I am having chest pain especially in left side of chest and sometimes in right side too. The pain usually come and go. Sometimes it persists for a longer time. My doctor had me diagnosed for Vitamin D and the level is 15ng/ml. Is this level …

Last reply
  • Do my symptoms match up with vitamin D deficiency symptoms?

For about a year and a half now, I've been feeling pain in my limbs, and it's been getting worse with time. I've spent the past year and a half seeing different doctors, and have been getting absolutely no results. X-rays, ultrasounds, nerve tests, and MRI's show little or nothing …

Last reply
  • may a GP alter a prescription prescribed in hospital?

I have been taking 5 mg amlodipine for high blood pressure since circa 2012. My systolic blood pressure was around 140 Hgmm. In 2013 in hospital a doctor prescribed me 40 mg furosemide. It resulted my blood pressure dropping to 120-130 Hgmm. In 2016 a GP took me off furosemide and increased …

Last reply
  • Menopause and Vitamin D deficiency?

I have been going through the menopause for about a year, feeling increasingly unwell, but carrying on, assuming it was just the usual menopause symptoms and 'old age' with achy joints, painful beasts, foggy brain and feeling tired etc. However I started getting other symptoms including …

Last reply
  • Vitamin C deficiency questions

Hi, I’m male, 19, suffering from an unexplained chronic illness for 2+ years. The diagnoses I’ve had are: Unspecified anemia (my iron and B12 are normal)  Low white blood count Neutropenia  Low HbA1c (non-diabetic) Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth (treated, improved diarrhoea) …

Last reply
  • Accepted exercised after open colectomy

I'm 3 months post op after open cut sigmoid colectomy. Been sticking to the basics, a lot of walking, light lifting, etc. Is it safe for me to start progressing to heavier programs?

Last reply
  • I am Vitamin d deficient, help please

Hello, thank you for reading I was just told from lab work done that I am vitamin d deficient my levels are at 9 can vitamin d deficiency really cause muscle bone pain in mainly feeling the bone/ joint pain on my knees seems as if there weak and I assign ally feel sharp pain. I do feel it as well …

Last reply
  • Soreness virgina and keep getting water infection

I keep getting water infections my results have come back as normal. my other concern is the soreness in my virgina  I have been drinking cranberry juice even drinking cider vinegar.  I know I don’t have thrush the soreness will not seem to go away has anybody else had these symptoms or …

Posted
  • Chest pain

Hello i am a 31 year old make and be having alot of chest problems went to cardiovascular docor had everything tested been to hospital alot of times and my regular doctor and they say nothing wrong i have chest pain at night alot and sometimes during daytime i get the chills

Last reply
  • Help with iodine please

Hi there, I have had an extremely dry mouth for over 8 months now and was wondering if it could be an iodine deficiency as this is a sign. I have been taking 450mcg of lugols iodine for a week and this is the only thing that has made an ever so slightest difference. I can now sit comfortably with …

Last reply
  • VITAMIN C,

Is taking Ferrous Sulfate with Vitamin C tablets and Fish Oil w/Omega at the same time OK? what is the correct dose for an adult person? I am 28 years old, 60kg weight  

Last reply
  • New here-lactose intolerance symptoms

After eating a little bit of milk chocolate the past two days, today I woke up with stomach pains, a headache and I ached all over. Anyone had similar symptoms? Any good treatments for this?

Last reply
  • Vitamin interaction with PCOS

Hello all!! I was hoping to find someone in here who knows about vitamin interactions? I am currently taking Inositol, N-Acetyl-Cysteine, and Omega-3 and I also want to introduce Magnesium, zinc and Selenium. Is there any reason I should not take these all together with a meal? Any advice would …

Last reply
  • Question about caffeine addiction

Hello! When I was younger all I drank was iced tea and a can or bottle of soda once a day. Not a whole lot when it came to caffeine. Then I discovered coffee and got into that until Mother Nature decided to be a cruel mistress and give me an allergy to it. 1 cup and it's very likely I'll …

Last reply
  • ViT D

My 25 OH ViT D has come back on bloods as 22 nmol/l.  Should I be worried and do I need to inform my GP or will they get told?  Thanks

Last reply
  • Vitamin d deficiency Weird symptoms?

So I’ve just been diagnosed with a vitamin D deficiency and I have been given some tablets for it, on the first day of taking them I felt so much better and mostly back to normal but I feel like I’m right back at the start again😕 today I’ve started to have my nausea again which is becoming …

Last reply
  • Recently diagnosed with Vitamin D deficiency

Hi I have recently been diagnosed with vitamin D deficiency after years of pain and tiredness. I have quite a long history but have had surgery twice on my right foot. The first time was a straght forward bunion op and the second one I am now wondering if was caused by Vit D Deficiency as I was in …

Last reply
  • Eating under 1000 calories a day

What are some of the effects eating less than 1000 calories per day be on someone who is around 5 feet 4 inches and weighs around 130 pounds. If I'm lucky I can get around 900 calories a day, but it's usually 200 to 500 calories a day. I'm not trying to lose weight. We just can't …

Last reply
  • Vitamin D deficiency. My whole body aches, what can I do?

I went to the doctor for muscle pain in neck, upper back, kidney area, buttocks, and thighs...basically all over and had blood work done. My vitamin D is 10 (extremely low), CPR is elevated, 10.2 and CPK is 142. Is there a link between Vitamin D deficiency and inflammation? I'm in so much pain …

Last reply
  • Vitamin b6 toxicity

After having symptoms of fatigue, weakness, numbness in hands, heavy legs, brain fog, lack of concentration, lightheaded and muscle weakness for 9 months with no answers. A doctor had some sense to test my b6 after describing my symptoms to her. My level was at 47 (3-30) from only taking a …

Last reply
  • A few Food Intolerance questions I need help with please

Hello All I've been newly diagnosed with food intolerances, and still trying to work out which foods cause me issues. I have a few questions regarding food intolerances that I am hoping some of you kind peeps can answer for me. I'm pretty sure I have a number of food intolerances, one being …

Last reply
  • Can vitamin D deficiency really do this?

Hi everyone, I wanted to hear from all vitamin D deficients out there. I have been ill sincd August 2017 and noticed that my symptoms were only getting worse. Before getting noticeably ill, a blood test that I did back in March 2017 found that I am vitamin D deficient with a score of 13ng/ml. At …

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.