Skip to content

Irritable Bowel Syndrome

Also known as Colofac, IBS, Mebeverine Hydrochloride

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Frequent Urination

Is it common for IBS to cause frequent ruination during a flare up? usually my body gets really hot and I have the urgency to have a bowel movement while simultaneously having the urgency to pee. I’ve had a flare up today and I’ve been peeing a lot, like almost every hour for the last 6 hours. I …

Last reply
  • IBS

Hi I'm Sally , I've had IBS for years but in the last few days it's got worse, abdominal pains on and off with on and off hot/cold flushes, constipation then diarrhea, yes I have depression, anxiety ,acid reflux ,asthma also a carer for my two adult kids, I'm trying to eat, but don&# …

Last reply
  • Turmeric Tablets & Diarrhoea

Hi, just wondered if anyone has taken Turmeric (in tablet form) nd it cause an adverse effect on their bowels  or have any knowledge of the effect of it on IBS? I was taking one tablet for 3,5 weeks then suddenly a few days ago woke up at 5.30 in the morning with diarrhoea and my stomach was …

Last reply
  • Do I have it?

I’m just wondering if this sounds like IBS to anyone? I get belly aches all the time and I have done for many years now. Whenever I have anything dairy my stomach starts to really hurt and I pass a lot of wind.  I pass a lot of wind anyway, straight after I eat I have to go to the toilet! It …

Last reply
  • Curious about IBS symptoms, right side abd pain

I'm a 29 year old male in decent shape. I've been having right side abdominal pain that started out as just pressure roughly 6-7 months ago. Now it's a constant pressure/pain that seems to get worse if I'm sitting/lying down and it has spread to my right side back a bit. Pain ranges …

Last reply
  • Does CBD oil help

I have had IBS for afew years now and have tried every medication but nothing works. I have found  if I cut fructose fruit and most vegetables and alot of other foods out of my diet I can cope. I have heard that CBD oil can help has anyone tried this and does it make a difference?

Last reply
  • IBS

Hi, I’ve been suffering with IBS for a few years now (more so now than then) I have an hours drive in the mornings, I try to use the loo in the mornings but never much luck - 10/15 minutes into my journeys I’m in trouble and need to go. Sometimes I need to stop 2 or 3 times which is embarissing as …

Last reply
  • Can IBS make you feel unwell?

Just wondering for those who have been diagnosed with IBS when you have a flare up does it also make you feel unwell? As in, body aches, tired, like you’re coming down with a cold or something but without the ENT symptoms? Not referring to the gastrointestinal pains that go along with it.  If …

Last reply
  • Ibs consirpation

Does any one recommend to take for ibs consirpation I go every other day but only small amounts and sometimes it’s hard to get it out 

Last reply
  • Now what do I do?

Hi people who sit on here. I've just about had enough! I went to see my doctor earlier as coeliac disease has been flagged on one of my blood tests. I have been told to see gastroenterology at the hospital but feel like I'm going round a vicious circle. What do they do to test for this? …

Last reply
  • Flat stools at age 28

Hello! I am super worried. I am 28 years old and have always struggled with my weight. I had lost quite a bit through eating vegan only to put it back on when I stopped being vegan about two years ago. In January I decided to go vegan again after eating a terrible diet (fried foods, pizza, bagels, …

Last reply
  • Mucus

Hi, I'm a 56 year old woman. After four months of bowel issues and tests, I've been told by the Dr that is more than likely ibs. I'm still a little unsure myself. What I wanted to know was is it normal to have quite alot of mucus on your stool everytime you open your bowels. Only …

Last reply
  • Bloating, smelly wind and hot

Hi everyone, it must of been a month or two now I went to visit my doctors as after I have had food I feel pretty bloated and sometimes i am finding I have lots of wind which is hot and very smelly.  When I visited the doctor, their thoughts was it was a combination of constipation and IBS. I’ …

Last reply
  • peppermint oil

What are peoples expereince of using peppermint oil to relieve ibs pain  

Last reply
  • Akn Akn
  • New to this

Hello, I've been to my gp various times and suffer with endometriosis... However this time rather than sending me back to my consultant first they want to see if I have IBS too as I've begun with major abdominal swelling, eventhough I've explained to them it's not just after food. I …

Last reply
  • How do I know if my problem is my IBS or something else?

I have had IBS for over 20 years now and every so many years it changes a little, like where it was mostly constipation it might change to mostly diarrhea, etc. Also, it can change in severity and so forth. So, my question is...how do I know if it's just my IBS changing or if I have a different …

Last reply
  • IBS, colicky left side cramping and back pain

Can someone have just a pain flare up with IBS? It’s usually several months between flare ups and it seems like the symptoms change a bit. I have been really stressed about other health issues so I’m thinking the pain is being brought on by that...but not sure. Diagnosed with IBS years ago. The …

Last reply
  • Constant localized upper right side pain

First of all I apologize if a similar post exists. I've dealt with this issue of upper right side pain under my lower rib for 3 years now. My dr thought it was my gallbladder so sent me to a surgeon to speak with. I had an ultrasound that came back negative then a HIDA scan which showed my GB …

Last reply
  • Can IBS Affect Your Penis

sometimes before or after a bowel movement my penis will shrink and my foreskin will get severely tight and wrinkly at the end of my penis. can this be due to ibs? can ibs cause low circulation or circulation problems especially in your genitals? 

Last reply
  • Akn Akn

VITAMIN B12 test

In my vitB12 testing report I have 346PG/ml. Is it low? Specifications: intra assay (%cv):4.0%, inter assay(%cv)4.4%,sensitivity :45PG/ml. I am 53 y male.

Last reply
  • Mucus Question

What is considered an "abnormal amount of mucus" in stool?  I see that it's an IBS related symptom.  I can say that I see it SOMETIMES, but only a very slight bit.  Only once or twice could I say I saw what I would consider "a lot," but since I'm the …

Last reply
  • I've had diarrhea and throwing up/dry heaving for over a month

I'm a 21 year old male- Since about July 17th I have been waking up every morning with diarrhea and a feeling to throw up. The diarrhea has been constant this entire time period. However the dry heaving is on and off. At the end of July I went to 3 different doctors to seek help but they all …

Last reply
  • Ibs changes

Hi I’ve suffered with Ibs for years usually it’s the awful cramps and diarrhoea and a flare up lasts about two days. Most days I take Imodium and probably have bowel movement once or twice a week. This time my flare up started on Tuesday it’s now Sunday but this time it began with constipation …

Last reply
  • Flare up

I have a really bad flare up constantly going to loo and pains all over. Has anyone any suggestions as how to gain relief as due to go on holiday!

Last reply
  • Nausea started a week after colonoscopy endoscopy

Feeling quite upset a week after the procedure I started getting nausea thought it might of been a flu bug that was affecting me - so as I wasn't getting better decided to go in the flagyl as the doctor prescribed when I saw her for the procedure. I thought well as I wasn't feeling good …

Last reply
  • Dzz Dzz
  • Scared . Ibs ? Or not . Need reassurance

Since May I have been having various bowel issues . First started as small pebble stool with white speckles . I went to my gastroenterologist in June . He was not concerned . He reassured me that it was not something that was cancer ( my constant fear ). I had a colonoscopy and endoscopy 4 1/2 …

Last reply
  • Red specks and black specks in stool . Pain in uppers abdomen

So for the second time in about a week , I had red and black specks in stool . I was diagnosed with ibs several years ago . I had a colonoscopy and endoscopy 4 1/2 years ago. All was fine except for hemorrhoids and GERD . Since about May , been having hard stools with what appears to be mucus in …

Last reply
  • Worried about bowel cancer, please help :(

Hi everyone,  I'm a 15 year old female with no health problems, relatively healthy eating and exercise usually, don't smoke or drink. So a couple of months ago, I began to feel ill to the point where I had to sit down and later on that night I threw up around 3 times and had a little …

Last reply
  • What do you guys eat?

I’ve had IBS symptoms for the past 3 years or so but just was officially diagnosed about a year ago. I have not figured out my diet yet. I’ve tried low fodmap, avoiding gluten/dairy but I never feel good enough when I do so to justify cutting out all that good stuff. Although, I know I need to be …

Last reply
  • Gastro Issues

In Jan of 17, got burning pain under both ribs. Dr diagnosed GERD. Two months later, same issue, plus, started noticing change in stool color. Went to gastro dr, in a panic. Did bloodwork, stool test, and abdominal ultrasound . Everything came back good. Fast forward 14 months. Out to dinner …

Last reply
  • Need some advice- IBS with temperature.

Hello, its been a while since I was back here. I hope everyone else is doing better. I got some tests back that nearly completely rule out anything other than IBS. I had the colonoscopy and it was clear. The only one i haven't got back yet is the small bowl xray and I think that will be ok. …

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.