Skip to content

Knee Problems

Also known as Baker's Cyst, Chondromalacia, Housemaids Knee, Meniscus Injury, TKR - Total Knee Replacement

All discussions in this group

Next
  • One year new knee anniversary

Hi all, it's been a while since I posted but it's my knee anniversary today so a special day😁. I've hung in there and I'm constantly seeing improvements. It has taken this long to get rid of that tight band feeling you experience around the knee. No idea what my flexion is …

Last reply
  • Beyond discouraged - 9 wks Post TKR

At 9 wks Post TKR, I know I am getting better. But pain is still a constant.  Trying to work because I must. Still using one crutch most of the time because if I don’t, pain and swelling increases. Doing my exercises, especially exercise bike, religiously. Struggling to sleep. Just worn to a …

Last reply
  • Is it normal to still be in pain 10 weeks after TKR

It's 10 weeks yesterday since I had a total knee replacement......im feeling depressed because I thought by now I would be much better,my knee is stiff, sore, and can't walk properly, I dread going shopping my knee gets so painful and cooking dinner or housework I spend the time waiting to …

Last reply
  • 9 weeks TKR and not doing well with bending knee

I am so discouraged following total knee replacement  surgery.  I was doing well with my rehab until last week. My pain increased and I lost degrees with my bend. I had measured at 110 but for the past two weeks I can’t get beyond 90 degrees.  

Last reply
  • Spouse woes

I am 6 weeks post op on TKR....currently on short term disability from work. My husband is retired and has been helping me with my recovery...I get cranky at times and toss and turn alot at night. This is starting to really wear on my husband. Any suggestions to help? I feel bad for him, …

Last reply
  • Trouble Sleeping Post TKR???

First, this is definitely not uncommon...especially in the first 30-60 days which are the absolute worst.  Try some of this... - OTC Melatonin or Diphenhydramine (cheap, generic Benadryl) an hour before bed.  Make sure you're not allergic first.  The former is available in …

Last reply
  • Knee Pain/Swelling

2 Weeks ago was playing football I over extended my leg as I landed heard as pop sound as I changed direction, I imideatllay stopped playing and went home to rest with some ice on my knee, over the next 4 days my knee was swollen, stiff, painful and hurt at the back and sides. I was unable to …

Last reply
  • Fall

Hi I am now 4 month post op after  Right KTR i was doing so well and feeling positive then las Sunday I slipped on third from the bottom step on my stairs bending my knee all the way back so painful I cried like a baby anyway on Monday I phoned hospital and spoke to orthopaedic Nurse and she …

Last reply
  • The REALITY of a TKR Recovery...In One Picture

Yeah...this one says it all.  Wanna post it on your fridge? - Click on the picture...it expands.  - Put your cursor inside the picture and RIGHT-CLICK.  - Select "Save As..." and save it to your pictures folder.  - Use any photo printing software you have …

Last reply
  • Right knee pain

Just got home from physio very painful 12wks on ROM still only 95 like me she was concerned about the swelling and how sore it was to the touch the scar I have to  massage more as it’s starting to build up with scar tissue where the abscess hole was it has become very thick I’m disappointed I …

Last reply
  • So tired after total knee replacement

I just wondered if anyone else just feels so tired.. I am 6 weeks today post op .the op went well and I am progressing well. But I am just so tired. How is everyone else feeling ? 

Last reply
  • Scar

I am six weeks out on a total knee replacement, my scar is really red but all healed, does anybody have any ideas of what I can put on it to help it heal better?

Last reply
  • Partial knee replacement question

I went for an MR scan and xray a few months ago with a view to having another arthroscopy. The consultant showed me the results and told me another op would be pointless as I'm now bone on bone. The options were partial knee op, a realignment op or do nothing. He also said he wouldn't do …

Last reply
  • Knee replacement

I'm 6 months out from total knee replacement & it's still very painful,I'm not anywhere near 90d angle! It clicked&is still warm&swollen!what should I do?

Last reply
  • Worried about my left knee/ lower femur

Hi New here. 48 male. Ive been having pains in my left knee, especially at night for a fair fair few weeks now from what i remember as it came on very slowly. Its a dull ache rather than a sharp pain so its hard to pin point the exact place but i would say its on my upper front knee and radiates up …

Last reply
  • My tkr journey

Hi all I'm 42 years young and 8 months post tkr it's been a painfully journey I had a acl Reconstruction wen I was 22 then lots more smaller surgeries after that resulting in coming to a massive discision to have a tkr and it is a big life changing decision but one now I'm glad I made. …

Last reply
  • Email address

Hi all I've been on this forum for about 9 months now and appreciate all the advice I've gotten from everyone but what I'm asking today is I have a friend who had tkr and is having lots of trouble she would like to talk to some of you on this forum but I do not remember what email …

Last reply
  • End of my tether

I'm 9 months post TKR, had a MUA end of March, I was discharged from PT about 2 month ago. I've been having really bad pain stiffness clunking, I've been referred back to physio again, the pain today has been horrendous I'm so down with it, thought it would be a lot better by now , …

Last reply
  • Tkr 6 weeks

I’m at six weeks been going well suddenly can’t walk pt said knee muscles not firing ! What now??? Ideas

Last reply
  • Multiple knee problems

I've had worsening pain in my left knee for about a year and a half now, and about 4 months ago my doc shceduled me for an MRI. The results showed that I have advanced osteochondritis dissecans with multiple lesions. Apparently there is also a loose body floating around in the joint. The …

Last reply
  • Possible 2nd tkr on same knee

Has anyone had a 2nd tkr on same knee?, was wondering how it went & if it was successful? I've got problems with my knee I had replaced Feb 2017. It's never fully recovered & has been continually stiff. Earlier this year it started suddenly ballooning up & was extremely painful …

Last reply
  • Pain right knee

It will be 12wks this Thursday  since I had my full knee replacement it’s been  very rough with pain like you all have but for some reason today it has become very swollen and very painful to the left side of the knee and behind the knee I haven’t twisted it or bummed it seeing physio in …

Last reply
  • No progress and feeling like my life is falling apart

7 weeks ago I dislocated my knee whilst running after a ball. The ball bounced a different way whist I was chasing it and as I changed direction my knee dislocated. I had an X-ray and was put in a leg splint for 10days.  After seeing the consultant I had an MRI as I couldn’t straight leg raise. …

Last reply
  • Winter in Detroit is coming

Hi everyone 1 year in Nov since tkr winter is coming and I did good during the summer any advice for dealing with the cold weather I can already tell my leg is stiff and a little achy

Last reply
  • Inside of right knee pain!

Been suffering with pain on the inside of my right knee for over a year now. It all started when I had an episode with my bad back so compensated by bending with knees which hurt my right one. It has gotten worse. I have a strap for it and I put cream on it. I work and it hurts quite a bit at …

Last reply
  • Hit another dip in my TKR recovery

This is not a question, just need to vent.  First let me say thank goodness I found this site around 6 weeks after my TKR when I was really feeling depressed about the whole procedure.  I found lots of great advice and ideas for getting through this journey.   So my TKR was Jan 2018, …

Last reply
  • LTKR Feb 2017

Hi I was wondering if anyone else has had the same or similar pros as me. Had my tkr in Feb 2017 but swelling has never quite gone down, but ROM is good, no problems bending but still gets stiff. Earlier this year (1st time was new years eve) my knee started swelling up more & getting stiff for …

Last reply
  • 1 year follow up and still tendinitis

Had my one yr follow up today. Exactly one yr to the day of my TKR. I am still being told I have tendonitis in that knee, which I truly believe was caused by the physical therspist trying to flatten my knee against the mat by putting all her weight on it and pushing straight down so the back of my …

Last reply
  • 2nd TKR Nov.

I'm so excited to say that my 2nd TKR is coming up fast, Nov 30th. I had my left one done in Feb 2017. And it was the best thing. At the time I was like oh man what did I get myself into but after going thru PT, joining the gym after 2weeks in the gym my limp went away my knee was feeling …

Last reply
  • TKR

Seen Dr tonight she said the pain burning  and tingling is normal and showes the nerves are knitting back that’s great I said but what about the stiffness and not being able to still go up stairs ! Without crawling been given nerve tablets to help great looking forward to a good nights 💤 …

Last reply
  • TKR

hi am new to this am terrified ...having TKR in October..help xx

Last reply
  • Four months post TKR and still difficult

I had a TKR on my left knee on May 7.  My surgeon said that everything is fine.  I completed my allotted post surgery physical therapy and they were able to get my range of motion to their target of 120 degrees.  I have been going to a gym for about 6 weeks and am exercising under …

Last reply
  • Awaiting TKR

Waiting for a knee replacement at Good Hope hospital - consultant is Mr jain. After reading some of the posts I'm dreading the pain after the operation! Has anyone else had their knee operation at good hope?

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.