Skip to content

Menopause

Also known as Livial, Perimenopause, Tibolone

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Pinned

Menopause resources

Below are various resources for Menopause from leaflets to useful web sites and recommended discussions. There are patient leaflets on Menopause as below which also have related tabs with more information such as medicine leaflets, blogs etc. high-kick.ru/health/menopause-and-hrt-leaflet …

Last reply
  • Water retention

Hi all. Is water retention in the legs common with perimenopause? Mine had become noticeably increased these last couple of months.

Last reply
  • Perimanipouse

Has anyone take Ativan for stress and depression and does it work ,my doctore prescribed it for me but I just don’t want start something and get other symptoms from side effects 😤😤

Last reply
  • Dr. Appt today!

Finally! The pro-gest cream has helped a little..had a melt down last night told DH I can not do this marriage anymore(5th time I told him I was done) I actually feel like dr Jeckle/Hyde..God, he is used to my melt downs but I know he hurts everytime I say things like this. Sleep is evading again …

Last reply
  • I think I am going crazy

Hi everyone,  I am new to this forum and so glad I found it!  I am 52 and one year ago I had a hysterectomy and at that time started with the hot flashes, which seemed to dissipate after about six months, but then the nightmare for me started.  I have this weird sensation in my brain …

Last reply
  • 4 Seasons and peri

As we entering in fall season ,I would like to ask you if you have noticed any changes in your symptoms and if yes could you give me an example? In my case, I think that my IBS symptoms such as gasses and generally digestive peri symptoms are becoming worse with weather changes

Last reply
  • Aching hands and fingers

Hi everyone! I’m having issues these last few weeks with aching hot hands? I’m 53 in Peri (no periods since Jan) and have a range of symptoms😞 but I’m really aware of my aching hands recently. They feel hot at times and joints achy etc. My thumb keeps twitching too these last few days and …

Last reply
  • Somebody please help before I lose my mind

Hi all Just stumbled across this group while Googling symptoms.  I’m 45.  For the last two years I’ve had so many strange symptoms I feel like I’m losing my mind. I have health anxiety so I’m always thinking the worst.  GP is fed up with me and puts everything down to anxiety.   …

Last reply
  • Boost your immune system during this time ! Warning !!

Just a word of warning .... I thought I just had very severe meno symptoms but knew I was more fatigued and depressed than anybody else .  I diagnosed myself after 6 months and yes blood tests have confirmed I have Epstein Barr .. Mono ... It can reactivate when your hormones drop so lysine is …

Last reply
  • Meno and stomach ache

For the last 3 days I have had severe pain from the belly button down. Even leaning against the sink top while washing dishes is sore. Getting brings on pain. My stomach is really swollen. I have diverticulis but this pain is different. Is it yet another MeNo symptom ladies? Has anyone suffered …

Last reply
  • I’m losing words - am I losing my mind?

Recently I literally can’t find the word for something when I need it. Obvious day to day objects, people’s names, places.   I’ve come across brain fog and memory gaps in some symptoms, but I feel really clear headed when it happens.  Is this normal? 

Last reply
  • Stress

Ladies, do any of you experience spotting/bleeding more when stressed or anxious.  Just trying to figure out what I am doing that’s makes this ongoing.  Thank you.

Last reply
  • Fast heart rate

Hi ladies, I have been having some kind of week. My new thing with the onset of my period now is a migraine headache. I've gotten them before but usually it was before or after a period not during. So I went to a picnic this past Saturday and my period started that morning. It rained the entire …

Last reply
  • Loosing weight

Hey ladies! Has anybody experienced weight loss during perimenopause, I have been loosing weight. As soon as I wake up in the morning I feel the urge to go. This only happens in the mornings though, my stools are soft, but no diarrhea. Help! Could this be hormonal?

Last reply
  • Perimenopause and SEVERE joint pain - any one else??

Hi I am 50 and have been in perimenopause for some time. I just wanted to post here to see if anyone else has suffered extreme joint pain as a result of fluctuating estrogen. Quick history: regular as clockwork from the age of 13 - up to and after the two pregnancies in my thirties. Then …

Last reply
  • Tongue changes

Hi has anyone notice changes in the tongue I have a severe dry mouth the tongue is white sometimes.

Last reply
  • Zoe

I have been on HRT for a year now and also taking Prozac 20 mg as I  lost my mum 3 years ago . I still  have lots anxiety which comes and goes but scared and depressed me all the time thinking never ends . I’m so so scared thinking is something also wrong with me as medicine not helping …

Last reply
  • i feel like im dying

how can peri make me feel this sick it started jan 2016 but past 3 months have beem horrible. i wake up at 5am feeling so sick. i am beyond tired everyday all day ( prob cause i dont sleep much ) and my body doesnt feel good. i feel like i am slowly dying and even tho all my tests come back normal …

Last reply
  • Help! I have much more than hot flashes in menopause

Hi I a reaching out to see if anyone has the same symptoms me. Ovee the last few months I have woke up with very sore joints, dizziness, i have hot flashes through out day and night. My eyes get very dry, I have ringing in my ears, very bad headaches, anxiety, and feel depressed and emotional. …

Last reply
  • Horrible tension headache

It's been long days with all the peri symptoms. Now a new symptom, horrible tension headache, and ear ache. Nothing works for the headaches, it's there all day every day for past couple of weeks. I try to eat healthy, stay hydrated and keep active. I am not on any medication except …

Last reply
  • HELP !!!

Has anyone tries serenity cream , have heard its very good , have just ordered some , heres hoping !!!  

Last reply
  • Constant phlegm

Hi all over the last few months I have had intermittent indigestion with the odd bout of a burning sensation in the throat and sometimes a little bit of sick coming up! (Sorry)  Over the last month I have also had an intermittent sore throat and a need to clear my throat because of mucus at …

Last reply
  • Period will not stop 😂😂😂

Hello - am just having a terrible time and wonder if anyone else is or has experienced what I am going through. I am 49 and my period will not stop .  Was so happy as my period had stopped for five months and about 15 days ago I started spotting - this went on for about a week and then I …

Last reply
  • Post vacation issues! Help!

I really hope you can help me, atleast in settling some anxiety that I am currently having. I was on vacation last week, and was expecting that I might experience some additional menopausal symptoms (palpitations, aches and pains etc) mainly because we were in a warm place, and I am not a big fan …

Last reply
  • Dizzy off feeling that i cannot explain exactly

I feel like there is something really wrong with me!  I have been in bed for two days with this weird dizzy feeling with tingling in the lower torso area.  I am not dizzy like falling or vertigo, it’s just a sudden off feeling in my head and then sometimes a weird tingling/flushing in my …

Last reply
  • Weidness after sex

Hi ladies I hav nt had a partner in yrs an nw i hav fallen in love in 16 yrs. Nw after sex i feel chest wall pain . I did ecg an other test which turned out normal. I hav no clue on wat to do again. Am thinkin if its just my over whelming feelin for this per can cause this? Tanks

Last reply
  • Candida / oral thrush

Hi all me again! I’ve never been a thrushy person but my tongue is very suggestive of oral thrush ( white coated ). I had nystatin from GP which helped but has not gotten rid of it. I have a tickly throat too. I have read Candida infections are more common with changing hormones. Is anyone else …

Last reply
  • Complicated history.

I started perimenopause at 35. I was put on hrt as symptoms were severe. Had a heart attack at 42 so taken off hrt. Had a full hysterectomy at 44 and went on hrt. Now 49 and have to come off hrt. I feel like I've been hit by a bus. I have fibromyalgia which doesn't help. It is affecting my …

Last reply
  • Nightsweats

Looking to hear from your experiences with nightsweats. I seem to have them for weeks at a time,everynight. At least a couple good drenches a night. I do get some hot flashes during the day. I fear i have some dreaded disease. I have missed periods this year. Two to three months at a time.

Last reply
  • Having a period after not having one for year

I am feeling scared because had a period after not having one for over a year . I am 48 and stopped having a period 14 months ago. I know it's an actual period because I had all the usual symptoms.. ..sore breasts..cramping...mild headache...increase of appetite and some bloating .just like …

Last reply
  • painful leg muscles ( not cramps) and weakness

ok ladies, I know I have asked this before but it is driving me crazy! it's my thighs that feel like I have done 12 hours of exercise,( as if I could do 1 hour of exercise at this point) and it comes and goes. I can wake up feeling good with no discomfort and after being up for awhile they …

Last reply
  • Burning mouth syndrome

Hello ladies, Is anyone dealing with burning mouth syndrome? If so, how do you cope and deal with it? I had seen the dr in March for that reason, run b12 level, it came back normal.  He prescribed gabapentin which I took one time and nasty side effects, so I stopped. Also, is anyone feel like …

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.